Multimedia Journalist / Radio News Reporter
Mid-West Family in Springfield, Illinois has multiple openings for a Multimedia Journalist/Reporter for 92.7 WMAY, Springfield’s News and Talk.
This is your chance to be part of a growing team in Illinois’ Capital City. At WMAY, we strive to elevate community voices and reflect the perspectives of our community. If you are passionate about sharing local news, know how to enterprise, can connect with the community, are able to create compelling content, we want to talk with you.
- News Making. Use your sharp, journalistic instincts to create fast/casual content for internal
and external social channels developed and distributed at the speed of news. Drive executive
thought leadership and engagement with timely, personalized content.
- Content Planning. Develop a network of internal and external contacts, evaluate leads, pitch
stories, and align on content angles and assignments. Research topics and arrange interviews. Determine a story’s emphasis, format, and distribution plan.
- Content Creation. Bring stories to life through end-to-end production of written, audio and
video content. Through virtual meetings and live events, interview subjects and capture content. Ensure content meets company standards.
- Digital Engagement. Develop content with digital first point of view to maximize reach and
engagement. Publish content to owned social channels. Monitor engagement, analyzes results and continually optimize performance.
- College degree in Journalism or related field and/or experience in news reporting via TV, radio, or digital channels.
- Excellent writing, editing, and presentation skills.
- Video creation and editing skills.
- Superior on-air presence, experience with live shots, and ability to ad lib as needed.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and manage multiple projects.
- Works well with others and independently, welcomes constructive feedback to refine content,
develop professionally, and enhance performance.
Please send a resume, samples, and anything else to impress to:
Mark Van Allen
Mid-West Family is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are
encouraged to apply.