Brand Manager / Content Creator
Mid-West Family Springfield IL is looking for an energetic, community influencing, content creating, multimedia, co-working collaborator to lead our pop brand, 98.7 WNNS. And depending on experience, there is an opportunity to lead and develop other brands.
How many buzzwords can we get into that sentence? Well, we are just trying to find a way to pass the HR leader’s “sound smart” test with this job description. We really need someone who loves creating media that affects a local community.
And isn’t Mid-West Family just a series of radio stations? Not anymore! We are a group of individualized brands whose audiences are lifestyle-focused as well as community-minded. We are focused on being 100% local and impactful in the ways we serve our community with locally sourced and created media.
Your job will be to help lead WNNS into the future, develop content and promotion strategies that engage our tribes and benefit our advertisers. You will help the content team tell the stories important through words, images, audio, video AND be distribution agnostic – the content you create can come out of the speakers of the FM transmitter, be video on YouTube, or written words on the station’s website.
You will share your creations across a multitude of platforms which include social media, mobile apps, smart speakers, email, and some other platforms that come along.
If you are passionate about local events and have a real “sense of place” for your community, enjoy connecting with our audiences beyond just using your voice, and want to use your creativity to bridge our brands with our advertisers & needs, you need to show us what you have!
- 5 Years full-time radio experience
- Track record of quantifiable success
- Computer literacy in applicable programs and excellent verbal communication skills
- Public speaking skill and ability to interact with listeners and clients in a public setting
- Problem-solving ability and skill in prioritizing
- Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels and to multi-task and handle pressures and deadlines
- Demonstrated Writing Skills (Please Share!)
- Proficiency in social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube)
- Skill in Image/Video Creation with iPhone and professional video gear.
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Audition, Premiere Pro) & Microsoft Office, Google Workspace
- Website Design / CMS Editing / Experience with WordPress Platforms
Please send a resume, samples, and anything else to impress to:
Mark Van Allen
Mid-West Family is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.